- A Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences and two years’ experience in social services, law enforcement, or correctional employment. Or related experience meeting requirements outlined in MCA 44-4-301.
- The ability to relate with offenders in firm, empathetic fashion.
- Public relations skills and the ability to relate with referral agencies.
- Good writing and verbal skills.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in records management.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office programs.
- A current, valid Montana driver’s license.
- Working experience in a correctional system.
- Direct public relations experience.
- Montana Law Enforcement Academy training as provided in 44-4-301 MCA. (Must obtain this training within one year of hire.)
The current starting salary for the position is $14.00 per hour, although consideration will be given the successful candidate’s experience and educational background.
***Candidates who are POST certified may be considered at a higher rate of pay***
The PTSO shall monitor and clearly document all Misdemeanor Supervision functions while showing professional judgment. The PTSO shall provide firm, fair, and consistent misdemeanor services in a team setting which is supportive of a crime-free lifestyle. The PTSO must be able to organize, manage time effectively, and keep records orderly and up to date. The PTSO must exhibit skills necessary to work in a team environment with a positive attitude.
Beta Alternatives programs are aligned with local and county courts; therefore, PTSO is required to work the same business hour schedule as these agencies, which is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This schedule allows the PTSO to coordinate cases for these agencies and also gives offenders/agencies the ability to access staff during normal business hours. Probation officers are given a one-hour lunch break. Overtime must be preauthorized by the BJAS.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org